Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a better way to use those fresh veggies from the Farmers Market this summer. I found this in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I didn't think I'd like the raw zucchini but it was great.
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml green onions, sliced
- 4.92 ml fresh basil leaves, snipped or 1.23 ml dried basil, crushed
- 29.58 ml fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 29.58 ml feta cheese, crumbled or 29.58 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a medium mixing bowl combine tomato, zucchini, green onions, basil, and Italian salad dressing. Toss lightly to mix.
- Line 4 salad plates with lettuce. Divide tomato mixture among plates. Sprinkle each serving with some of the cheese. Makes 4 servings.
LOVE THIS!! We used Queso Fresco cheese. The fresh basil makes this salad wonderful. What a great way to use up those zuchinni! We will eat this again and again
Delish! I did make a few adjustments. My son and I both loved it! Thanks! Made for Please Review My recipe game(PRMR).
A nice refreshing salad! I took it to a BBQ and it all went. I omitted the lettuce as I just put it all in a serving bowl (I tripled the recipe). I make a similar salad using cucumber instead of zucchini and also garbanzo beans. I bet the garbanzos would be a nice addition to this salad! Oh, I also used Good Seasons Italian salad dressing and didn't measure it, just added until it "looked right". I used feta cheese, but bet those mini fresh mozzarella balls would work really well too. Delish!