Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Took a Soba version of this and subbed in Rice Noodles then switched the seasonings around a bit. Nice summer dish for cooler days.
- 4 ounces rice noodles, see note
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, more (optional)
- 1 large zucchini, not football size
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine, to taste, see notes on seasonings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground savory, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos, to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, light sprinkle
- pepper, multi mix, fresh ground
- sea salt (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- Chop the tomato or tomatoes as you desire. Mine were approx half inch. Slice the zucchini, thin into half moon shapes. When I say thin, I mean thin. Thicker extends cooking times.
- Place the zucchini and the garlic in a well seasoned cast iron skillet or a very well pammed skillet. Saute them until the zucchini is done. You must keep stirring to prevent burning.
- When the zucchini is ready add the tomato then savory, basil and pepper. Stir adding the Braggs. As it cooks add the Lawry's, lightly. Keep stirring. Add the noodles. When you have a fragrant mix, it is done.
- The Noodles used were Rice Stick.
- This is not a dish you can walk away from. Taste and adjust seasonings. This is vital. Do not just dump in the teaspoons Add a little then adjust upward to your taste. Mine happened to be about what you see. However the seasoning flavors worked heavenly together. To meet your taste, you will taste a bit each step of the way and adjust instead of at the end. There can be less or more garlic added if you like. We are garlic fans. The original was for a version with Soba Noodles from Between Heaven and Earth.