Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. It was very good when I made it a few years ago.
- 78.07 ml margarine (I probably used butter)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 onions, in quarters
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 8 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in quarters
- 44.37 ml flour
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 9.85 ml basil
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml 15% cream
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Cook celery, onions, carrots, garlic, zucchini and tomatoes 7 to 10 minutes, without letting them get colors.
- Sprinkle flour on veggies.
- Add stock and stir well.
- Season with basil. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 1 hour.
- Reduce in puree in a blender until creamy.
- Put back in the saucepan and add milk.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes, just to reheat.
The smell of this was heavenly, all my favorites here! I did not have enough fresh tomatoes so used 2 cans of diced canned tomatoes instead which I added right before adding the flour. My veggies were done in about 40 minutes. Very good with grandson's goldfish. LOL! Thanks Boomie for sharing.