1/1 Photo of Tomato and Zucchini Cream (Soup)
1 hr 10 mins
From Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. It was very good when I made it a few years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup margarine (I probably used butter)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 onions, in quarters
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 8 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup 15% cream
- 1Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- 2Cook celery, onions, carrots, garlic, zucchini and tomatoes 7 to 10 minutes, without letting them get colors.
- 3Sprinkle flour on veggies.
- 4Add stock and stir well.
- 5Season with basil. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and let simmer 1 hour.
- 7Reduce in puree in a blender until creamy.
- 8Put back in the saucepan and add milk.
- 9Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes, just to reheat.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Zucchini Cream (Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 320.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g