Prep 6 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful way to use up zucchini. Luscious, with cheese, and creamy with mushroom or celery soup. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and it's a dish fit for a king.
- 3 -4 peeled zucchini, sliced 1/2 thick 2 green peppers cut in 1-inch squares 4 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 large onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup any shredded cheese (your favorite)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, crumbled
- Arrange vegetables in alternate layers in a deep casserole dish. Sprinkle with herbs, salt, pepper to taste.
- Pour mushroom or celery soup over top.
- Pour oil over top and bake uncovered in a 325°F oven for 35-40 minutes, or till tender.
- Top with cheese, and crumbled bacon, and return to oven till cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
I really like this recipe, though it can get kinda sloppy. I skipped the peppers because I don't like them. My BF said it looked "gross," but I thought it was very tasty.