1/1 Photo of Tomato and Veggie Pasta Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
This is from a Delicious magazine and a great way for kids to eat vegetables without knowing it. I add chopped parsley and basil to mine but little kids don't like "green bits". I puree the whole thing with a stick blender, but you may want to put the cooked tomatoes through a sieve to remove seeds and skins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 220°C.
- 2Roast tomatoes and pumpkin with a splash of oil for 40 minutes or till very soft.
- 3Blend pumpkin and tomatoes with 1 cup of stock till smooth.
- 4Pass through sieve to remove skin and seeds.
- 5In a large pot heat a splash of oil and cook all the other chopped veggies for 5 - 10 minutes till soft.
- 6Add canned tomatoes and 1 remaining cup of stock.
- 7Simmer 25 minutes.
- 8Use a stick blender and blend both mixtures together or whiz till smooth in a food processor.
- 9Add chopped herbs if you like and season to taste.
- 10Serve over pasta of your choice.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Veggie Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: