Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Using classic French black olive paste, this tart is a delicious way to start a dinner party. I've had a look, and there are quite a few recipes for homemade tapenade here on zaar,and it's available in the supermarket. So I'll leave it up to you, as to which one you prefer.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons black olive tapenade
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220c (200c fan-forced).
- Place pastry sheets one on top of the other on your work surface (that you have dusted with the flour)and roll out to measure a 24cm x 34cm rectangle.
- Trim edges for neatness & score with a knife to create a 1.5cm border.
- Transfer to baking tray & spread tapenade over pastry.
- Arrange the tomatoes over the top & sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed & golden.
- Remove from oven & scatter the Basil leaves on top.
- Slice & serve with a green salad.
This is so incredibly easy and so very tasty! I made 2 versions of this-first the original, and second, cut the puff pastry into rounds and put in mini muffin cups. Then mixed the cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes (both chopped) and basil all together with grated parmesan cheese and filled the cups to bake at 400 degrees. Very yummy both ways but a little easier to eat the second way. Thanks for an easy & elegant appetizer recipe Matt! Made for My-3-Chefs 2007.