1/7 Photos of Tomato and Sweet Onion Platter
This would be a wonderful addition to a summer barbecue menu. Fantastic with vegetables straight out of the garden!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut in 1/4 " slices
- 1 large mild onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs or 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed platter.
- 2Arrange onions over tomatoes; top with the cucumbers and pepper rings.
- 3Sprinkle seasonings evenly over all.
- 4Combine oil and vinegar; drizzle evenly over vegetables.
- 5Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this is best if made not more than 4 hours ahead).
- 6If made ahead, before serving spoon some of the dressing that has collected in the platter back over the vegetables.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Sweet Onion Platter
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 201.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar