Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This would be a wonderful addition to a summer barbecue menu. Fantastic with vegetables straight out of the garden!
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut in 1/4 " slices
- 1 large mild onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed platter.
- Arrange onions over tomatoes; top with the cucumbers and pepper rings.
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly over all.
- Combine oil and vinegar; drizzle evenly over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this is best if made not more than 4 hours ahead).
- If made ahead, before serving spoon some of the dressing that has collected in the platter back over the vegetables.
Simple but elegant. Made this for a barbeque potluck and everyone that it was gorgeous and tasted fresh and good. Made for ZWT8
My neighbor brought me a bag of veggies from her garden so I had everything I needed to make this wonderful salad. I put it on individual plates and served the dressing on the side. It was terrific. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT8-Spain/Portugal.
Oh gosh this was good! I used a red onion, one english cucumber, and the basil. Made in the morning to serve for dinner and the dressing was very yummy. Wish I had a garden to have the freshest veges but store bought worked nicely. Made and reviewed for ZWT 8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.