- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut in 1/4 " slices
- 1 large mild onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed platter.
- Arrange onions over tomatoes; top with the cucumbers and pepper rings.
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly over all.
- Combine oil and vinegar; drizzle evenly over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this is best if made not more than 4 hours ahead).
- If made ahead, before serving spoon some of the dressing that has collected in the platter back over the vegetables.