Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband ran across this recipe while reading the weekly food section of the newspaper. While the combination of strawberries, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar sounds odd, it is such a refreshing soup during the 100 degree temperatures we have here in Arizona, and it is so, so easy to make!
- 1 lb fresh tomato, cored and quartered (do not peel)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig mint (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the tomatoes and strawberries.
- Add the vinegar and blend again.
- Chill thoroughly, at least an hour.
- If desired, garnish with a few mint leaves.