Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think this is from a Rachel Ray cookbook. It is EXCELLENT! And it takes no time at all to make. Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallots, finely chopped or 1⁄4 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups good quality vegetable stock, available on soup aisle
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed and spinach shredded with knife
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- Heat a medium soup pot over moderate heat. Add oil, shallots and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add drained tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, stir. Add stock and stir to combine soup.
- Stir in spinach in handfuls to wilt it and combine with soup.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bring soup to a bubble, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to reduce.