1/7 Photos of Tomato and Spinach Frittata
There are lots of Spinach, Tomato recipes but when I checked this one is a little different. I threw it together and liked the result. I say it is for 2 but that is if it is served with a salad and a roll. Hope you enjoy it. I like lite Havarti but use your favorite cheese. The hot spice is optional but it does give some pep to the recipe. An 8" pie plate works but it needs to have at least 1 1/2 " sides. I used an 8" x 6" casserole dish. I used adobo chili pepper for my "Hot" spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tightly packed Baby Spinach, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces lite havarti cheese, grated
- 1Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly spray a baking dish with Pam or other No Oil spray.
- 3Place the cottage cheese in a strainer and drain for 5 minutes.
- 4Pack the spinach on the bottom of the dish.
- 5Add the sliced onion.
- 6Sprinkle on the Adobe spice.
- 7Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a food processor and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- 8Pour over the spinach.
- 9Arrange the tomato slices on top.
- 10Sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- 11Bake in 375 oven until golden and the eggs are cooked apprx 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 256.1 mg
- Sodium 738.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g