Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that my Mom made when I was a child, and I LOVE tomatoes! If you are looking for a quick and easy dish, this is the one!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof red gold diced tomatoes, juice and all
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof red gold tomato sauce
- 2 cups egg noodles (I use the no-yolk type)
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first three ingredients.
- Place in buttered baking dish.
- Place cut sausage on top of noodles and tomato mixture.
- Cut butter or margarine into small pats and dot casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until sausage is browned and casserole is bubbly.
This might be a good dish for kids, but this recipe is so bland as to be unappetizing. "Spicing" it up a bit after the fact didn't help.
First let me say my husband really liked it. I think it needed something,was kind of plain (to me ) I added hot pepper flakes & that made it great.
This is one of those simple recipes that you can sing the praises of. I checked with the chef Beth if the pasta should be cooked or in fact uncooked- she said uncooked and that is one of the beauties of this recipe. I used Anduille sausage and it was great, I did add 1 tsp chili flakes ( I like some hot) and 1 tsp oregno. I cut the recipe to 2 servings - no problem. Very tasty thank-you Beth and also thanks for your speedy answer to mu question.