Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love smoked gouda. Wonderful with a side salad. I used herb flavored pizza dough from Trader Joe's. Very good
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) refrigerated tube pizza dough (such as Pillsbury)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a (12-inch) pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the tomato slices over cheese. Combine oil and garlic; sprinkle over tomato. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with basil. Cut into 8 wedges.