Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From taste.com.au, modified to use much less oil.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (415 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 175 g split red lentils
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Add the lentils and stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the soup thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Chickee, thank you for posting this recipe. It took no time at all to make it and tasted great with few ingredients. I only had 1/2 liter of vegetable stock so used chicken broth to make the liter. This was a Recipenap from Group 19 - Baby Bilby that I made for *Recipe Swap No19 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum. I'm from Group 18 - Baby Cockatoo