Recipe by Chickee
From taste.com.au, modified to use much less oil.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Chickee, thank you for posting this recipe. It took no time at all to make it and tasted great with few ingredients. I only had 1/2 liter of vegetable stock so used chicken broth to make the liter. This was a Recipenap from Group 19 - Baby Bilby that I made for *Recipe Swap No19 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum. I'm from Group 18 - Baby Cockatoo
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (415 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 175 g split red lentils
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Add the lentils and stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the soup thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.