Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 900 g potatoes, small, peeled, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 long green chili, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, cut into wedges
- 125 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 110 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g cashew nuts
- Parboil potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water, drain.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add the mustard seeds and fry until they start to pop.
- Add onion and fry for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric and fry, stirring for 1/2 minute.
- Add potato and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring to prevent catching.
- Add curry leaves, tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Season, then stir in spinach and nuts.
Easy nice recipe.
I toasted broken pieces of chickpeas instead of cashews.
this recipe has great flavors - the zest of the chilies the ginger and tumeric you add the mild and flavorful coconut milk and the crunch of the cashews (which I toasted raw organic) this is a wonderful way to top a meal