Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Need an appetizer in a hurry? This is very easy to prepare, very tasty and always a huge hit! You can use any type of tomato that you may have on hand. I prefer to seed them before dicing.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ground pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread softened cream cheese on plate w/ raised edge.
- Spread pesto on top of cream cheese.
- Slice and seed tomatoes, then dice and spread on top of cream cheese.
- Before serving, lightly drizzle with olive oil and ground pepper over top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to firm up the cream cheese.
- Serve with plain Bagel or Pita Chips.