quick for a weekend lunch
Make and share this Tomato and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 (445 g) can tomato soup
- 1 (400 g) canchopped tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 slices bacon, chopped fine and cooked until crisp then drained on absorbent paper (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan; cook garlic and onion, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add soup, tomatoes, water and pasta.
- Bring to boil; simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve with the bacon sprinkled on top (if using).