Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
quick for a weekend lunch
Make and share this Tomato and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 (445 g) can tomato soup
- 1 (400 g) canchopped tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 slices bacon, chopped fine and cooked until crisp then drained on absorbent paper (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan; cook garlic and onion, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add soup, tomatoes, water and pasta.
- Bring to boil; simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve with the bacon sprinkled on top (if using).
Quick, easy and yummy. A definate winner! Sprinkled a little grated cheese on top and hey presto! a great meal for a rainy,lazy Sunday. Thanks.
A very quick and easy soup. Very tasty. Grated cheese on top works well. A hit with all of the family.
I had to make a couple of changes due to what I had on hand. I subbed the soup with a can of no sodium tomato sauce and added some hot chili flakes and freshly ground pepper. We both thoroughly enjoyed this soup! Served this with a salad. Perfect dinner after a busy day. Thank you for sharing. Will definately be making this again!