A lighter version of a yummy favorite -- from June 2007 Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (cut in 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plum tomato (seeded, chopped, about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (best you can buy, fresh and and grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Place bread cubes in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish spritzed with cooking spray.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped onion and saute until tender (about 3 minutes). Add spinach and garlic; saute 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- 4Combine thyme, salt, pepper, egg whites, and egg in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in the spinach mixture and tomato. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes in baking dish and then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 5Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Parmesan Strata
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g