Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lighter version of a yummy favorite -- from June 2007 Cooking Light.
Make and share this Tomato and Parmesan Strata recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (cut in 1-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plum tomato (seeded, chopped, about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (best you can buy, fresh and and grated)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place bread cubes in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish spritzed with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped onion and saute until tender (about 3 minutes). Add spinach and garlic; saute 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Combine thyme, salt, pepper, egg whites, and egg in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in the spinach mixture and tomato. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes in baking dish and then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.