Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The only thing my Mom liked better for her midnight snack than just an Onion sandwich was a TOMATO and onion sandwich, This is still a favorite of mine even though not one of my kids or my husband will touch it!
- 2 slice white bread
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 2 slice onions (sliced really thin)
- 2 slice tomatoes (ripe, thick sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Spread both sides of the white bread with mayonnaise.
- On one slice of bread, place the onion and tomato slices in layers, starting with the onion.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread. Cut sandwich in half if desired and enjoy!
Huh! And I always thought that my favorite sandwich was a tomato sandwich...now I know that it was missing the onion! This was wonderful!! I used a sweet onion and couldn't even guess on how I would cut the sandwich in half without all of it's sloppy goodness falling out. LOL! I will be eating this all summer long. Thanks so much for posting!