Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great in the summer time.Another one of my daughter's favourites!
Make and share this Tomato and Onion Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, basil
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb roma tomato, sliced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs until incorporated. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Place onions and tomatoes in a bowl and pour vinaigrette over and toss.
I have this salad in the refrigerator marinating for supper and the flavor now is wonderful! The dressing is so good with a bit of sweet and tart flavor that works so well with the tomatoes and onions. I used dried parsley and basil, 4 roma tomatoes, and a medium red onion. A very simple and pretty salad too! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.
This was a nice and easy salad. It's very close to a recipe that I make alot during the summer when tomatoes are fresh. This will be add to my summer salad rotation. Made for Spring PAC 2008.