Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
My sister and I had eaten something similar to this when eating out, but we could not find a recipe like we liked, and there may be one here on Zaar, but I am sure back when we did this we didn't know about this site. So we made this up ourselves.
Top Review by Bergy
I like the combination of Onion, Tomato & cucumber and with the basil added Mmm I cut way back on the dressing using only 10squirts of Zesty Italian Spritzer Enjoyed my lunch very much thanks!
- 1 tomatoes, firm and cubed
- 1 medium onion, sweet is better, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 small pickling cucumber (optional)
- crushed hot pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube Tomatoe and Dice Onion.
- Add spices, to taste, I normally add about 1 teaspoons of basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour Italian Dressing over all.
- Let set either in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or over night, if desire.
- You may also leave it at room temp for 2 hours.
- Cooking time is setting time.
- Note added: 6/24/06 I recently made this using fresh chives and think it was even better than with basil. I also think that about any spice of your liking would be good in this recipe.