Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy easy pie to cook for those who love tomato and onion. My mum used to make it all the time and its really good.
- 4 -5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 -5 slices bread, blended
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a round, deep baking dish splinkle a layer of blended bread crumbs on the bottom, followed by a layer of tomato then a layer of onion. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top.
- Repeat step 2 until you get to the top of the dish. Finish with a 1cm layer of breadcrumbs. Put the tbs of butter in the middle ontop of the breadcrumbs.
- Put in oven. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes. Pie is cooked when tomato and onion have gone soft and breadcrumbs ontop are crispy.