Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has a nice savory Mediterranean-style sauce which is also great for pasta, shrimp, or fish. Adapted from Real Simple Magazine May 2007.
- 236.59 ml long-grain rice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thirds
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml large pimento stuffed olive, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 177.44 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put rice on to cook according to package directions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, 5 minutes. Add the olives, garlic, and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the wine, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Divide the chicken among individual plates and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve with the rice.
Delicious and easy. I subbed chopped roma tomatoes and dried parsley, but otherwise made as directed.
This was easy and had lots of flavor! Made for ZWT4. Thanks!
This was sooo good!! I love olives. They gave it a nice flavor. It was easy to make. I always have the ingredients on hand so I will be able to make this when I am wanting it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT 4 Greece.