Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making different versions of this recipe since I was in high school. It is one of my favorite quick meals and I make it about once a week, usually as a quick lunch. Canned mushrooms will work in place of the fresh, but please, use real butter, it gives it tons of flavor. Chopped chicken is a good addition to make it a whole dinner.
- 8 ounces dry bow tie pasta or 8 ounces other bite-size pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions to skillet and saute 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are softening.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon butter, and soy sauce to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes or until tomatoes are beginning to fall apart.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons butter until coated.
- Stir in tomato-mushroom mixture and parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
I thought this was pretty good. It needed salt and pepper, and maybe a little garlic. It was easy to make and made a nice dinner. I used fresh mushrooms.