1/1 Photo of Tomato and Mozzarella Tart
a light lunch or supper, i generally put the salad on the side but both ways are enjoyable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.16 ml whole grain mustard
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, finely sliced
- 8-10 tomatoes, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml thyme leaves
- olive oil, for drizzling
- pesto sauce, for drizzling
For the salad
- 1Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
- 2Roll out the puff pastry to 3mm thickness and cut into 4 even-sized circles, each the size of a side plate. Place the puff pastry circles on a greased baking sheet.
- 3Brush the edges of the puff pastry circles with beaten egg. Press the edges with a fork.
- 4Spread the mustard, then layer the sliced mozzarella evenly over the pastry circles, leaving an edge of pastry around the outside.
- 5Arrange the sliced tomatoes in a circle in the centre of each pastry circle. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
- 6Bake the tomato tarts for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is cooked through.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Mix together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss the salad leaves with the salad dressing.
- 8Transfer the baked tomato tarts to a warm serving plate. Drizzle the pesto over the tarts and arrange a small pile of dressed salad in the centre of each tart. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Mozzarella Tart
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.5
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.1 mg
- Sodium 830.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g