1/6 Photos of Tomato and Mozzarella Burger
katie in the UP's Note:
I saw this recipe in the Real Simple July issue...had the ingredients...didn't have DH at home for dinner...So had a great..great 'chick' meal (quote from DH) Recipe can be adjusted to any quanities you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Slice a thin piece from the rounded bottom of each tomato, so they sit upright.
- 3Slice each tomato in half horizontally. Arrange the tomato halves, cut side up on a shallow roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- 4Drizzle with the oil, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- 5Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes.
- 6Roast until they're softened and warmed through, approx 15 minutes.
- 7Mine took longer -- approx 25 minutes. Mean while, cut the mozzarella into 6- 1/2 inch rounds.
- 8Using a spatula, sandwich each cheese slice between 2 hot tomato halves.
- 9The heat of tomatoes will melt the cheese slightly.
- 10Drizzle with the juices collected in the roasting pan and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Mozzarella Burger
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 537.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: