Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious Iranian style salad. Easy to throw together, goes well with kebabs, kofta, anything really. Prep time includes refrigeration time....
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 29.58 ml minced red onions
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 4.92 ml dried mint or 10 leaf of fresh mint, finely chopped,about
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar or 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss together and refrigerate 1/2 hour to blend flavors.
I had tomatoes to use up, so I made a double batch of this salad. It had a very nice flavour and was perfect for lunch on a hot summer day. I used fresh mint. The only change I made was to decrease the olive oil and increase the red wine vinegar to compensate. I found there was a bit too much liquid so maybe next time I won’t use as much red wine vinegar. Good recipe -- thanks!
A good salad in which I used freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh mint. I did use less garlic per our preference. I would make this again.
OMG this was a great compliment to my middle eastern style meal. Five stars because it is so easy, and tasty. Definitely a make again!