Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chutney is cooling to the palate when eating hot curries.
Make and share this Tomato and Mint Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium red firm tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash hot chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- Scald tomatoes one at a time until tomato skins can be removed easily.
- Peel skin from tomatoes and cut into small dice.
- Mix lightly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve chilled as an accompaniment with curries.
This was great! I added a garlic clove as well and a bit more hot sauce than called for, but that was just personal taste! This went really well with roasted chicken of all things, and I agree that this would be a great bbq condiment - thanks for posting!
Lovely fresh chutney. Simple to make and tasted also very good with a baked potato. I used very ripe tomatoes and the only thing I added was a crushed garlic clove. Thank you Chrissy, I will make this as a condiment for Indian meals but also this summer for the barbeque