Recipe by **Jubes**
Great simple finger food. Perfect with pre-dinner drinks or for a cocktail party. No cooking required. Simple and elegant. Please note that the majority of the oil counted in the nutrition panel is discarded as the marinade.
Top Review by CHILI SPICE
**Jubes** you have a great mouthwatering, visually pleasing (we do eat with our eyes first right?) appetizers. I marinaded the tomatoes with the bocconcini cheese (not sure it made a difference unless I was to perhaps prick each cherry tomato with a toothpick first). Served these at my DH's 40th b-day party, placed them on the table, turned around and they were all gone! Will definitely add this to my future appetizer menu. Thank you so very much!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, fresh can be used if finely shredded
- 16 bambino bocconcini (can substitute 8 regular size bocconcini -cut in half orr cherry bocconcini)
- 16 leaves rocket
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, vinegar and basil in a medium bowl. Add the cheese and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain cheese and discard the marinade.
- Wrap each cheese in a piece of rocket.(The larger rocket leaves work best ). Place on top of a tomato half and spear with a toothpick.