Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've finally gotten a chance to make this so I want to revise my description and add some information. Delish! this is a relatively easy recipe that can be eaten for pretty much any meal of the day. It would make a lovely addition to a brunch buffet as well as a nice light supper with a salad. I've made this recipe using half egg beaters and half real eggs, and I've also substituted 1/3 C grated parmesan or locatelli instead of cheddar... either way it turns out terriffic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F Warm oil in 10" ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks; cook 8 minutes, until softened, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, fresh thyme leaves, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese.
- Pour over leek mixture in skillet.
- Gently lift up leek mixture to coat bottom of pan.
- Arrange tomato slices in overlapping pattern on top.
- Sprinkle dried oregano over all.
- Cook 8 minutes, until sides are set but mixture is still loose on top.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 10 minutes, until center is cooked through and tomatoes are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; run a rubber spatula around edges and underneath to loosen frittata from skillet.
- Slide onto serving platter. Cut into wedges.