I've finally gotten a chance to make this so I want to revise my description and add some information. Delish! this is a relatively easy recipe that can be eaten for pretty much any meal of the day. It would make a lovely addition to a brunch buffet as well as a nice light supper with a salad. I've made this recipe using half egg beaters and half real eggs, and I've also substituted 1/3 C grated parmesan or locatelli instead of cheddar... either way it turns out terriffic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Warm oil in 10" ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add leeks; cook 8 minutes, until softened, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, fresh thyme leaves, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese.
- 4Pour over leek mixture in skillet.
- 5Gently lift up leek mixture to coat bottom of pan.
- 6Arrange tomato slices in overlapping pattern on top.
- 7Sprinkle dried oregano over all.
- 8Cook 8 minutes, until sides are set but mixture is still loose on top.
- 9Transfer skillet to oven and cook 10 minutes, until center is cooked through and tomatoes are lightly browned.
- 10Remove from oven; run a rubber spatula around edges and underneath to loosen frittata from skillet.
- 11Slide onto serving platter. Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Leek Frittata (Sbd Phase 1)
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.3 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g