Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tomato and Herb Salad
- 1 lb roma tomato
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1 small purple onion, whole (vertically sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Cut each tomato into 4 wedges; cut each wedge in half crosswise.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; cut each piece in half lengthwise, and slice crosswise into 1/2" pieces.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, purple onion, mint, basil and parsley in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add yogurt, toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoyed. I was short on the tomatoes and I let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for 2 hour. Refreshingly good.
This was a good, fresh tasting salad. I didn't have mint so I omitted that. I served it on pita bread and had it as a light lunch. Thanks for the recipe!