Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious, healthful appetizer or snack.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, halved,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 slices crusty bread, toasted,1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- Mix first 7 ingredients in bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Cut toasted bread in half.
- Spoon tomato mixture on top of bread and serve.
Great appys. I loved how simple these were and added a touch of Parmesan cheese to the mixture. Thanks for sharing, Ev. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
This was good, but I thought that the balsamic was just a little too much for garden fresh tomatoes. Really liked the lemon juice and I added some salt and pepper just before serving.
Very good and simple bruschetta mix. My son - who is not crazy about tomatoes - enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing!