1/1 Photo of Tomato and Goat’s Cheese Crumble
Mrs B's Note:
This savoury crumble is a twist on the more usual quintessential English dessert crumbles. It’s a really tasty supper dish and comes from the BBC Good Food “101 Veggie Dishes” book. There are no herbs listed in the original, or here, but feel free to add some if you like. This is equally good served with a green salad or vegetables. Recipe posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375 F, 190 C/ gas mark 5.
- 2Roughly chop the tomatoes, leaving the cherry ones whole; heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pad, add the chopped tomatoes and seasoning and cook for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) until softened; remove from the heat and stir in cherry tomatoes.
- 3Spoon half the tomato mix into an oven proof dish (1 litre/1 ¾ pints size) and crumble half of the goat’s cheese on top; repeat the layers.
- 4Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan and lightly fry the pine nuts and breadcrumbs; remove from the heat and stir in half the parmesan; scatter breadcrumb mix over the tomatoes and cheese, then top with the rest of the parmesan.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Goat’s Cheese Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g