Recipe by Anu
A great spaghetti recipe I found on allrecipes.com! Making the sauce is a tad labour-intensive, but it's absolutely worth it. Feel free to use more garlic if you're a garlic lover.
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes
- 2 ounces spaghetti
- 1 clove crushed garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes in a kettle, and cover with cold water.
- Bring just to the boil, pour off water, and cover again with cold water.
- Peel tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the garlic in olive oil, ensuring that the garlic does not brown.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and immediately stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until the pasta is ready; add the basil.
- Drain spaghetti, but do not rinse in cold water.
- Mix it into the sauce, reduce the heat as low as possible.
- Keep warm, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until it is ready to serve.