Recipe by Witch Doctor
This is another great salad for a Russian Barbeque, but get the ripest and meatiest tomatoes. Use the opal basil, if at all possible.
Top Review by Derf
Lovely side salad! loved the combination of red wine vinegar, galic, onions and olive oil. I will be making this one often. The basil slivers were the perfect finish. Thanks for posting one we will enjoy again and again!
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 5 medium sized tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (fresh, ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup slivered fresh basil, preferably opal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and the garlic and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a salad bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar and garlic mixture. Toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salad with the basil and serve.