Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another great salad for a Russian Barbeque, but get the ripest and meatiest tomatoes. Use the opal basil, if at all possible.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 5 medium sized tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (fresh, ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup slivered fresh basil, preferably opal
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and the garlic and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a salad bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar and garlic mixture. Toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salad with the basil and serve.
Lovely side salad! loved the combination of red wine vinegar, galic, onions and olive oil. I will be making this one often. The basil slivers were the perfect finish. Thanks for posting one we will enjoy again and again!