Adapted from Sunset Magazine. Great low glycemic recipe.
Make and share this Tomato and Garbanzo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained well
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced (red onion best)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, prefer fresh
- Drain garbanzo beans and rinse well. Let drain for five minutes or pat dry with paper towel.
- Place beans and balsamic vinegar in container to marinate while preparing other ingredients.
- Cut Tomatoes in 1 inch pieces, add salt, place in colander and let drain.
- Dice onions in 1/4 pieces.
- Dice bell pepper in 1/2 pieces.
- Chop parsley.
- Combine bell pepper, onion, drained tomatoes and marinated beans into large bowl (not the bowl you will serve in). Drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice and combine gently. At this point you can add more balsamic vinegar to suit your taste. Gently mix in parsley. Taste again and adjust salt and pepper. Serve.
- (I love using cilantro in place of parsley - try it!).
Wonderful lunch for us this weekend. I used a red bell pepper instead of yellow and used fresh lemon juice from my Meyer lemon tree. Very tasty! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
This is another completely marvelous recipe from this chef. Amazingly vibrant in both colors and taste this also boasts a great health factor. What a pick me up for the winter doldrums in snow covered Canada at this time of year when everyone is longing for spring. Made for PAC, Spring 2011.