- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained well
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced (red onion best)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, prefer fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain garbanzo beans and rinse well. Let drain for five minutes or pat dry with paper towel.
- Place beans and balsamic vinegar in container to marinate while preparing other ingredients.
- Cut Tomatoes in 1 inch pieces, add salt, place in colander and let drain.
- Dice onions in 1/4 pieces.
- Dice bell pepper in 1/2 pieces.
- Chop parsley.
- Combine bell pepper, onion, drained tomatoes and marinated beans into large bowl (not the bowl you will serve in). Drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice and combine gently. At this point you can add more balsamic vinegar to suit your taste. Gently mix in parsley. Taste again and adjust salt and pepper. Serve.
- (I love using cilantro in place of parsley - try it!).