1/1 Photo of Tomato and Garbanzo Salad
BayLeigh Ann's Note:
Adapted from Sunset Magazine. Great low glycemic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained well
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced (red onion best)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, prefer fresh
- 1Drain garbanzo beans and rinse well. Let drain for five minutes or pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Place beans and balsamic vinegar in container to marinate while preparing other ingredients.
- 3Cut Tomatoes in 1 inch pieces, add salt, place in colander and let drain.
- 4Dice onions in 1/4 pieces.
- 5Dice bell pepper in 1/2 pieces.
- 6Chop parsley.
- 7Combine bell pepper, onion, drained tomatoes and marinated beans into large bowl (not the bowl you will serve in). Drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice and combine gently. At this point you can add more balsamic vinegar to suit your taste. Gently mix in parsley. Taste again and adjust salt and pepper. Serve.
- 8(I love using cilantro in place of parsley - try it!).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Garbanzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 918.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.6 g