Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We are buying tomatoes this summer in huge amounts so this is what we are eating pretty much every day. This is the base version, but I also sometimes throw avocado or green onion in. You can do pretty much anything you want with this. It's sooo easy. The amounts are just approximates - it will vary by taste.
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- 1 large fresh mozzarella ball
- 5 -10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Take the skin off the tomatoes - a huge difference. If the skin is tough to come off, I cut the skin slightly and pour hot water over them and keep the tomatoes covered for a couple of minutes.
- Slice or cut the tomatoes in as big pieces as you like them.
- Cut the mozarella into small cubes (1/4 inch).
- Mix the tomatoes, mozarella, basill and season it with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
This is one of my own recipes. I have been making it for years. I use fresh ground pepper and fresh ground sea salt in mine, but it is the same. I do not use balsamic. It is perfect with out it and it is absolutely one of my favorite things! Love it!
This is my kind of recipe - fresh and flavorful ingredients that you combine to your own taste. We used small mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes as that was what was available in January. What a lovely taste of summer. We'll make this again and again. Thanks mom of twins #2.
There is no better salad on the face of the Earth than fresh tomatoes and mozzarella with basil!!! I had found some really good tomatoes at my store today (a rarity these days) and also had been to Trader Joe's and gotten a fresh ball of mozzarella (they have the best price if you can get to one). I am in heaven today!!! I did not peel my tomatoes but I did slice them and lay them on a paper towel to get rid of some of the excess juice and seeds. I also did not use balsamic, I didn't want to disguise any of the wonderful fresh flavors. I don't think this salad ever needs balsamic. Love Love Love this salad, thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!