Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the "Weekend" magazine. Did you know that traditionally made of sheep's or goat's milk, Feta the classic Greek cheese is today made of cow's milk by some of the large commercial producers. Since Feta is cured and stored in it's own salty whey brine it is sometimes referred to as "pickled cheese". Feta is EXCELLENT for salads!
- 3 ripe firm tomatoes
- 1 large green cucumber
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 medium onions or 4 spring onions, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Olive oil and lemon dressing
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salad, first and foremost, cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Then cut the cucumber into bite-sized pieces.
- Core and de-seed the capsicum.
- Cut off the white membrane of the capsicum.
- Cut the green and yellow capsicums into large strips.
- Slice onions into thin rings.
- Cut the feta cheese into squares.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, leaving out cheese and black olives.
- Now prepare the dressing.
- For this, pour all the ingredients in a screw-top jar.
- Close it and shake well and there you have it ready!
- Top with cheese and olives just before serving.
- Don't forget to pour the dressing as well before serving!
- Your going to love this summer treat!