Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I attended a cooking class today through the NMSU Valencia county Cooperative Extension service and this is a recipe we made in the class. It is very refreshing and makes a great side dish. You could even serve it with some nice crusty bread for a light lunch. It is best to use vine ripened tomatoes instead of a roma tomato which doesn't have much flavor. I don't like black olives so I leave them out. The cooking time is actually the time it takes to sit before serving. There is no actual cooking.
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 English cucumbers
- 1 onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Chop veggies in bite sized pieces.
- Drain olives and combine with veggies.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Pour over salad and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.