Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great recipe from Epicurious. This makes enough for a crowd and is best served within 15 minutes of making. "This is kind of a "no fail" salad. I used 1/4C olive oil and white balsamic vinegar, less salt and 1 clove minced garlic. Instead of chopping cukes, I sliced them thinly, wedged the tomatoes and thinly sliced red sweet onion. I think the larger pieces of veggies are prettier than chopped. I also added about 8 sliced red radishes. I think celery and maybe carrots would be a nice addition also. Next time I will try cilantro which we love."
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 3⁄4 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch dice (4 cups)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice (usually plastic-wrapped)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley (from 1 bunch)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (preferably sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, cumin, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, and onion and stir to combine. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.