Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The sweetness of the Kumato tomatoes gets a salty crispy bite from crispy prosciutto.
Make and share this Tomato and Crispy Prosciutto Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix and let sit for about 20 minutes so the flavors can meld.
- Meanwhile, lay the slices of prosciutto onto a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Cook the prosciutto slice in the oven for about 12 minutes until they are crispy.
- Remove the foil from the sheet pan and allow them cool on the foil.
- Arrange the slices of ciabatta on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until you see the tops browning, turn each one over and bake until tops are brown.
- Remove the ciabatta slices from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, take the peeled garlic clove and rub over each of the ciabatta slices.
- Top with the chopped tomato and basil mixture.
- Take the slices of prosciutto and crumble over tomatoes.