Recipe by hard62
A colourful pasta dish combiningcrispy bacon and traditional tomato pasta sauce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, but otherwise followed the ingredient list right on down, using some homemade pasta sauce that I usually have on hand! Really enjoyed the bacon & green beans in this one! Very satisfying, & the recipe is now in my keeper file! Many thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 300 g dry fettuccine
- 225 g lean bacon, without rind, cut into 4cm pieces
- 150 g green beans
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 1 cm slices
- 400 g pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccini in a large saucepan of boiling water until dente and drain well.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and quickly cook the bacon pieces until crisp and golden, set aside.
- Add the beans and pepper to the pan and cook until tender.
- Pour in the Pasta Sauce, add the bacon and cook, stirring until hot. Toss through the well drained fettuccini with basil leaves.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese on the side.