1/1 Photo of Tomato and Cream Pasta Sauce
Who says pasta sauce has to take a long time to make or involve a lot of ingredients? I made this to be a compromise between my husband's love of red sauces and my love of white sauces. I also wanted something that was not as fattening as white sauces tend to be. Don't get me wrong, with the use of real butter and cream there is still plenty of fat. But hey, what can I say? I am just that kinda girl. I think this sauce could be adaptable to have more veggies in it (mushrooms, artichokes) and even some meat if desired. Amount of servings is an estimate. I don't like a lot of sauce, but my husband likes to drown his pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 -15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, has garlic, basil, and organo
- 1/4-1/2 cup light cream or 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese, with romano and asiago
- 1In 10 to 12 in skillet melt butter and add olive oil.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes with their juices to the skillet and heat to a low boil for about 7 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat and stir in cream until heated through. 1/4 cup if you like a very light sauce or 1/2 cup if you like it more creamy.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve over your favorite pasta and top with the shredded cheese blend.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Cream Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 43.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g