1/6 Photos of Tomato and Couscous Soup
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This tomato soup is nutritious, delicious, easy-to-make and ready in just over 30 minutes. Serve hot, room temp or even cold. Use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian/vegan. This has been adapted from a Julie Le Clerc recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 70 g tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup instant couscous
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over moderate heat until onion is softened (about 10 minutes).
- 2Add the cumin and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- 3Add tomatoes, tomato paste and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 4Add couscous and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, or until couscous is tender.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with fresh coriander (cilantro).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Couscous Soup
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 443.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: