1/1 Photo of Tomato and Chorizo Salsa
Gorgeous combination of chorizo, tomatoes, corn and more for a warm salsa with lots of cilantro. Can also be served cold, but give it a try warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 4 small celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml paprika (sweet or hot, your preference)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 (283.49 g) can corn, drained (or 10 oz frozen)
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 14.79 ml sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- 2Add sausage, celery, bay leaves, onion and paprika.
- 3Saute, stirring, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, and corn and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are pulpy and the mixture is thick.
- 5Remove pan from heat, stir in cilantro and sugar and season to taste.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Chorizo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 213.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g