Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a lovely dish for brunch and adds a Spanish twist to the traditional quiche.
Make and share this Tomato and Chorizo Clafouti recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 thin slices chorizo sausage
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- butter, for greasing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the cherry tomatoes with a bit of salt and leave to drain, upside down, on a piece of paper towel for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 425°F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream in a bowl, as if you were doing a fluffy omelette.
- Whisk in the cornstarch, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Generously butter a round, heavy non-stick cake tin.
- Another option is to line the tin with wax paper, making sure the paper rises above the sides of the dish, and then grease the paper.
- This makes it easy to lift out of the tin.
- Arrange the slices of chorizo and cherry tomatoes, cut sides down, on the bottom of the tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo and bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden and just set but still wobbly.
- Leave to cool for 5-minutes or so before serving at room temperature.
What a delicious, savoury dish! Not exactly light, but I think indulgence is in order on Sunday mornings! Made two changes: used salchichÃ³n a la pimienta instead of chorizo and added one slice of toast, cubed (just because I originally intended to make a savoury bread pudding and the thought of toast stuck with me!). I didn't whip the egg mixture vigorously enough when adding the cornstarch so had a few floury lumps here and there: so work quickly at that point! This was sooo good - thank you for sharing, Sackville!