This makes a lovely dish for brunch and adds a Spanish twist to the traditional quiche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the cherry tomatoes with a bit of salt and leave to drain, upside down, on a piece of paper towel for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200°C or 425°F.
- 3Whisk the eggs, milk and cream in a bowl, as if you were doing a fluffy omelette.
- 4Whisk in the cornstarch, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 5Generously butter a round, heavy non-stick cake tin.
- 6Another option is to line the tin with wax paper, making sure the paper rises above the sides of the dish, and then grease the paper.
- 7This makes it easy to lift out of the tin.
- 8Arrange the slices of chorizo and cherry tomatoes, cut sides down, on the bottom of the tin.
- 9Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo and bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden and just set but still wobbly.
- 10Leave to cool for 5-minutes or so before serving at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Chorizo Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.6
- Calories from Fat 750
- Total Fat 83.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 400.2 mg
- Sodium 2300.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g