Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Green tomatoes work well here
- 1 small baguette, sliced into 24 thin slices
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons good vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Put the bread on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until crisp. Set aside.
- Cut the tough cores from the top of the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes thinly. Put in a bowl with the chives. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste and pour over the tomatoes. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to medium-high. Beat the goat cheese with the marjoram and garlic. Add a little black pepper and spread onto the croutons. Return to their baking tray and drizzle with a little more olive oil before setting under the broiler. As soon as they are hot - about 2 minutes - remove.
- Distribute the tomato salad between 6 plates. Add the goat's cheese croutons and serve.