- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 709.77 ml tomato juice
- 946.36 ml water
- 118.29 ml rice, rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute the onions until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic, cilantro, cumin, and allspice and saute a few minutes more.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.